Welcome to Ocean Allergy!
Your time is very important to us, so to help make your appointment go as smoothly and quickly as possible, we've provided some information especially for our new patients.
Our practice is working together to realize a shared vision of uncompromising excellence in medical care.
To fulfill this mission, we are committed to:
- Listening to those we are privileged to serve.
- Earn the trust and respect of patients, peers and community.
- Exceed your expectations.
- Ensure a creative, challenging and compassionate professional environment.
- Strive for continuous improvement at all levels.
WHAT TO EXPECT
YOUR TIME IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US. WE WANT YOUR APPOINTMENT TO GO AS SMOOTHLY AND QUICKLY AS POSSIBLE. TO ACHIEVE THIS GOAL, PLEASE READ ALL INFORMATION CAREFULLY.
- Please read the welcome letter carefully in the new patient packet. This will explain how you should prepare for your appointment.
- Please arrive 20 minutes in advance of your scheduled appointment.
- Bring your most current insurance cards and a photo ID.
- If needed, obtain a referral from your Primary Care Physician.
APPOINTMENT CANCELLATION POLICY
- This appointment time has been reserved especially for you. If you are unable to keep your appointment kindly let us know at least 24 hours in advance so we can accommodate others. No show and appointments that have not been cancelled are subject to missed appointment fees.
PERFUMES AND COLOGNES
- Many of our patients are extremely sensitive to odors. Out of consideration for these patients, please do not wear perfumes, colognes or scented lotions while in the office.
- We treat an array of patients who suffer from mild to severe food allergies. Please do not bring food on the day of your visit unless specifically instructed to by our staff.
YOUR FIRST APPOINTMENT
Please complete all forms in their entirely and bring them to your appointment (Click Here)
POLICY ON COMPLETING SCHOOL FORMS
Properly completing school forms requires an updated medical history, recent physical exam, up to date weight, and often involves dosing adjustments for emergency medications. These tasks cannot be properly performed without an office visit taking place within the last 6 months. This is a medical liability and safety issue, and exceptions will not be made.
Please be thoughtful that we simply do not have the bandwidth to properly handle the form needs of all our students in such a short window of time. Please be advised that you are unlikely to secure an appointment before the first day of school.
In order to facilitate the process, please pay attention to the following checklist:
- Has your child had an appointment within the past 6 months? If no, you must schedule an appointment in order for forms to be completed. If yes, you contact our front desk to send the forms to our office for completion.
- Do you already have all the forms needed? We have food allergy action plans, asthma action plans, and urticaria action plans in the office. Each school district has its own version of medication authorization forms and selfcarry/self-administration forms. You must have hard copies of these forms in hand at the time of your appointment
- Have you filled out your portion of each form prior to your appointment? This includes your child’s name, date of birth, grade level, parents’ names, contact information and parent signature. For medication authorization forms, a separate form may be required for each medication. Filling these items out during your appointment takes time away from discussing the care of the patient, so please complete them in advance. Our office will not accept blank forms for completion.
- Did you receive the completed forms from our office? Our office will scan the completed school forms and give you the originals before you leave the office. The scanned copies of the forms will be available on our patient portal, should you require additional copies. For patients who do not require an appointment at the time of form completion, forms will be made available on the portal unless a self addressed stamped envelope has been provided
There is a 2 week turn-around time for all school forms not completed in the context of an office visit. Charges for form completion may apply, which are not necessarily covered by insurance.
This policy has been created to ensure that all children have emergency action plans and school health plans that are accurate and up to date. We thank you in advance for your cooperation.